UCI is deepening the world’s ongoing dialogue between human progress and what it means to be human. We conduct research that illuminates every aspect of the human experience in all its diversity, from the different languages we speak, to the cultures that shape us, to the histories and creative stories we tell about ourselves. We educate our students to be culturally aware agents of change in our interconnected and increasingly diverse world.
With your partnership, we can further our understanding of the many forms that being human takes today, while renewing our shared sense of humanity in this diverse and digital age. With your help, we can make the impact of art, culture, and humanistic inquiry core to a UCI education.
Major objectives you can support through UCI’s Brilliant Future campaign:
- Creating the UCI Institute and Museum for California Art — the first-of-its-kind, global magnet for the exhibition of and research into California art
- Bringing UCI’s research enterprise to bear on questions of quality of life and societal challenges such as homelessness, public health, and environmental sustainability
- Informing the evolution of technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning through human narratives, experiences, and knowledge
- Developing a Humanities Center and other interdisciplinary hubs as spaces of leading-edge dialogue between the arts, humanities, social sciences, and other disciplines across the campus, to enhance research, teaching and learning, and community engagement
- Empowering programs that increase access to justice and legal representation for underserved communities
- Providing a conservatory environment for our most talented student artists to thrive while enabling public engagement with their creative work
- Ensuring that every UCI student, regardless of major, has meaningful exposure to the creative arts while also strengthening connections between UCI and regional arts and cultural institutions